Hands down the best pork bbq ever… do not substitute.
PORK BARBEQUE INGREDIENTS:
- 1 kg. pork
- 20 bamboo skewers
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of calamansi juice
- 1/2 cup of 7up or Sprite
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper (I prefer fresh ground Cambodian black pepper)
- 3 tablespoons of brown or white sugar
- 1/2 cup of banana catsup
BARBEQUE COOKING INSTRUCTIONS:
- Cut pork meat into thin and long slices – 1/4 inches thick and less than 2 inches wide.
- In a mixing bowl, marinate the cut pork with the soy sauce, minced garlic, chopped onions, calamansi juice, ground pepper, sugar, banana catsup and the soda (this tenderizes and adds flavour to the pork barbeque)
- Mix well and keep in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes (turning occasionally).
- Prepare the bamboo skewers by removing splinters and soaking in water to reduce burning during barbeque.
- String the pork on the skewers.
- Over live charcoals, barbeque the pork on skewers until each barbeque is cooked – turning every few minutes on each side and basting the leftover marinate on the barbeque.